Cape Town Flight Training Centre offers various training programmes as well as other services. Make your selection below.
Private Pilot's Licence
Private Pilot's Licence
Commercial Pilot's Licence
Private Pilots Licence
The formal learning and development of the practical flying skills that are required to obtain a Private Pilot Licence are the foundation for all other future flying training.
With desire and commitment, it may be easier than you think to become a pilot! The Private Pilot Licence enables you to rent (hire and fly) an aeroplane and carry non-paying passengers for your own pleasure flying, locally or across borders.
As a Licence holder you will be able to convert onto a variety of single-engine light-category aeroplanes. This Licence also allows you to do an Aerobatics Rating.
If you wish to make a career of flying, achieving a Private Pilot Licence qualification is the first milestone along the road of training and development, towards obtaining a Commercial Pilot Licence and becoming a Professional Pilot.
Five Good Reasons
Why You Should Complete Your PPL Training At CTFTC
Close proximity to the General Flying Area provides the best Value for money in the Cape Town area. There is no costly holding time for Commercial traffic and no costly extra transit time to and from the General Flying Area.
Large clear areas around the runways and no transit over built-up areas with wide open manoeuvring areas allow students to learn within a safer environment
Modern, Certified Aircraft that make safe and efficient use of every sortie.
You will be trained to the same standards as the Commercial Pilots passing through the school.
Training is structured to suit every student’s individual needs.
PRIVATE PILOT LICENCE TRAINING SYLLABUS
- A minimum of 45 flight training hours.
- 45 Hours of PPL ground school.
- 7 Theory Exams
- Principles of Flight
- Aircraft Technical and General
- Flight Planning and Performance
- Air Law
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Restricted Radio Telephony Communication Course.
- Practical Flight Test and Theory Evaluation.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BECOMING A PRIVATE PILOT
- Students may fly solo from the age of 16: Practical flying training can start at the age of 15.
- The minimum age for the issue of the PPL Licence is 17.
- Proficient in English (must be able to read, write, and converse fluently in English).
- There is no minimum educational requirement, but Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Geography and English to Matric Standard will provide an excellent foundation.
- Medically fit
- Corrective lenses are acceptable
- No height restrictions
- No specific fitness level required
- Please ask if there is any illness/condition you are not sure about!
DURATION OF TRAINING
The time taken to complete the syllabus for the Private Pilot License (PPL) is dependent upon weather, student performance and aircraft availability. However, it is possible for a dedicated full-time student to complete the course in 3 to 6 months.
If you are unable to apply yourself to a full-time training regime, we will be happy to customise your training course based on your specific requirements and availability.